Wednesday 23 January 2013

New Beginnings

Some people like to keep diaries, I'm not naturally such a person. However, when travelling I make an exception.

The other day I stumbled across a diary that I kept for two weeks, documenting my time spent on a Mission Direct  trip to Zambia in 2010. As someone who has spent most of my holidays in a much-loved caravan in the English countryside, I felt it was important to record on paper such a unique experience.

This was also the beginning of quite a journey for me, as now 3 years on, I'm sat in the Mission Direct office, working full time for the charity. I could never have dreamt of the domino effect that signing up for that trip 3 years ago would have had.

So, over the next couple of weeks, I'm going to share with you the daily anecdotes, thoughts and experiences of a newbie to overseas mission. If you're thinking about coming on a trip, this is a taster of my journey. Welcome aboard...