Monday 4 February 2013

Thursday 8th July 2010

This really is the best thing that has ever happened to me and it's so hard to express emotion this rich on paper! This morning the guys went to the building site and the girls went to a Maid Training Centre. We were able to give out some wool and dress patterns from the UK and it was such a special moment to pass on such appreciated gifts.

We spent most of the morning knitting with the ladies, which is just what we needed after such a busy few days! The tailor then came back to the compound and had sewn my dress. He has a few adjustments to make and then it’ll be done!
We then had a prep meeting for the home care visits we are doing tomorrow. The team of local volunteers support those in the community who are ill and we will be accompanying them on their rounds. I spoke at length to one local volunteer who was so passionate about his country and told me all about the problems facing Zambians, including flooding and the copper market collapse. I wish I could listen to him talk for 3 hours every Tuesday morning rather than my current social development lecturer! So much better to hear it from the people whose lives are directly impacted.  
I am so overwhelmed with the love we have in this team. We seem to be growing so close now and all reserve has been replaced by banter and laughter! I am leading our morning devotion tomorrow and this closeness has inspired me to explore Romans 12. After our discussion this morning on the protection of Christ’s love being like that of an eagle's wing (linked in well to the eagle on the Zambian flag) I hope tomorrows message can be as useful to the group.